because sometimes my synapses actually connect, and a coherent thought results...

07 January 2008

O-H-uh oh...

Jim Tressel, I want the last two hours of my life back.

I don't know what the hell that was they displayed on the floor of the Superdome, but it sure as shit wasn't BCS-quality football. What, LSU throws anything but a standard two-back, two-wide set at you, and all of a sudden you start playing two-hand touch? And don't EVEN get me started on the two consecutive penalties that led to LSU's fourth touchdown.

Granted, not a single questionable officiating call or lucky shot went Ohio State's way, but good teams don't need to rely on that to win. Good teams bring their A game at every opportunity, and OSU just didn't do that, and hasn't done it in the big game for two years running.

Ah, well, at least the wings & chili at Muldoon's were worth it...

No comments: